Copyright © 2007-2015 Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, December 31, 2009

So Long, Farewell, Alas Goodbye

2009 - twas a very good year- lookin' on the bright side, that is. (Did the title make you think I was leavin' the bloggin' scene? I might sometime but not just yet. You ain't that lucky...ha ha.)
Have a cheesecake truffle and think on the good things. Youngest made these and did pretty well, I think.
If you haven't had breakfast then have an apple pancake. They're good, too.
My stars, yes, this is another ditto post. Another round of six-point stars. This time in two colors.These stars are stiff as boards. I soaked them in liquid starch and pinned them to make the points sharp.
Who knew? Goodman sportin' his fingerless electricians' mitts. And here I thought fingerless mitts were exclusive to our lil knitting world. o.OA red-bellied woodpecker on a grey, gray day.And just like that woodpecker, I'm still hangin' around.
Happy New Year, Y'all!

11 comments:

  1. Happy New year to ya!!!!! I've been absent from blogging but I had to peek in to see what you are up to.
    Of course your cheesecake trufle looks divine. I keep saying I need to learn to Crochet and after seeing your snowflake stars I am reminded again that I really must learn!!!!!
    God Bless you and yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and all the very best for 2010.

    Love the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad 2009 is gone. Not a good year at all. Hopefully 2010 will be better!

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the star garland!

    Abundant blessings to you and yours in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got any black eyed peas to go with those tasty truffles? Happy 2010 !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those truffles look delicious!! I LOVE chocolate and those are making me mighty hungry ;)

    LOVE your two color stars, very nice :)

    happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those woodpeckers sure do like the suet feeders. We sometimes put leftover cornbread or grits in there and they love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've died and gone to heaven follow a link via link from AU. Sure hope you don't mind if I follow and peek around.

    Stop by my garden for a visit anytime. I'm dyeing yarn right now for my next Ripple project

    ReplyDelete
  9. The truffles look so yummy, a good job baking them. I sure do like the color of your stars, Did you make those fingerless mits?Hope you had a great New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Margaret,
    No, I didn't make Goodman's mitts. He had to have them at work when he was workin' in electrical stuff. I didn't know he had them until he brought them home recently.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The two-colored stars look great:D The truffle picture turned out good, at least we got it before One and Only ate them all. He's lookin' at the picture saying he wants more. Lol, this time Dad was ahead of us all on the fad scene.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!